Today was Mei's first day of kindergarten. The morning was spent packing her backpack, repairing a tear in the dress I made especially for Mei's first day of school, and cleaning up after Mi Na's many messes.
Mei Li has been so excited for this day for a very long time. I've been dreading it. Consequently, she did had a better first day on the job than I did. I melted down after she rode away on the bus, then again in the parking lot of her school as her bus passed my car, and then again after she walked into the school. Stephen said, "Are you crying? Don't cry! It's too princess-y."
Once she was inside the school, I took Stephen's face in my hands, told him I loved him, and told him that he was the big boy now. His face was serious and he nodded.
I took my big boy and my baby to the grocery store and they behaved like angels (mostly).
I played monster trucks with Stephen while Mi Na napped and then we waited for Mei at the bus stop. She was the first one off the bus.
She was happy to see us. She told me all about kindergarten, reported that a boy from church is in her class (hurray!), and then pretended with Stephen that the curb was a tightrope all the way back to the house.
I was sort of stressed out when the kindergarten papers flowed into the kitchen. The kitchen wasn't clean. Note to self: the kitchen HAS TO BE CLEAN when the school papers flow in.
The rest of the day was kind of crazy. Stephen and Mi Na were super cranky and tired most of the day. I felt pretty stressed with all of the crying and whining going on. But Stephen and Mi Na are still little, and I anticipate this won't be the last of it.
We had family home evening when Steve came home. It was a good ending to a very eventful day. As disorganized and emotional as I was today, I was so comforted as we sat together on our living room couch, that we have a happy family and we all love each other so so much. I have the best kids and the best husband. (By the way, so do you.) My heart is filled with gratitude for each one of them. Hopefully tomorrow is a little more organized and less stressful. It's kindergarten, after all.
8 comments:
Congratulations, Mei Li. She looks like one happy girl :) Her dress is beautiful, Ie Li. School bus and all! Wow. (It has been a long held dream of Devins to ride in one)
Her dress turned out so cute! You did it!!! You sent your oldest off to school. It gets easier. Seriously, look at the look on her face when she is getting off the bus. She looks so darn happy.
ie li, i love your posts! i love how positive and happy you are even when things aren't perfect. i love how much you love your family. i feel like i've gotten to know you better than i knew you in provo since i've been reading your blog. and i love it.
congratulations on making it through the first day!
I had a little break down when Maika hopped on the bus his first day too. I don't think mothers can help themselves! Great job on the dress!
My favorite part is that Stephen asked if you were crazy for crying. I love that little boy!
I wrote a much longer comment but it was deleted. Sum it up to say I loved this post and you guys are the cutest little family!
Annee, she was so. darn. happy. I was so happy that she loved it so much. She is going to be just fine.
Horray for happy school kids! Hope your Wednesday is easier then your Tuesday.
They grow up too fast! Gretta started Kindergarten yesterday. The only drama was that I told her I was going to pick her up after school and she got on the bus anyway. She wanted to ride it with her friend. Luckily I made it to the front the pick up line before the bus had left and they found her and got her off. Today I let her ride the bus and she was so excited! Next thing you know they will be headed off to BYU:(
Post a Comment