
Stephen turned three today!
There was some confusion about his age. This morning, Steve bought four balloons and a number "4" candle for Stephen.
Mei Li was sad about him not being four because she wanted to be twins with him.
And Stephen does not want to be three, he wants to be one.
I, Stephen's mother, am absolutely positive that he is three. Sorry, buddy.
The day went something like this:
pancakes made by Steve for breakfast
various activities at home including naps for Mi Na and Stephen
a visit to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum, where I left my camera
Papa John's pizza for dinner
When the cupcakes were ready and presents were wrapped with Mei Li's help, we called down to the boys and said it was time for cake and presents. Stephen came running in and said, "I want some yogurt." That's my boy. He has a yogurt and fruit obsession.
We'll be doing a birthday celebration with his cousins later this week and I'm thinking that instead of cake, I should stack up his favorite yogurts instead.
We all wore blue party hats, except for Stephen. He didn't want one.
We turned off the lights to sing his birthday song, and presented him with his lighted cupcake. Just as we ended the song, Mei Li blew out his candles for him. So we sang to him again.
Stephen didn't touch his cupcake, but went straight for the presents.
Just before he started unwrapping his wooden toolbox when Mei Li said, "Aren't you so excited, Stephen? It's a toolbo-! Oops. Sorry."
Steve and I laughed.
Then he unwrapped his new long-sleeved t-shirts and said, "Oh."
Mei Li said, "No, Stephen. Say, 'I love these!'"
So Stephen said, "I love these!"
Lastly, he unwrapped two small toy motorcycles, and that's when the big smile came to his face. It made me smile. I love his smile. I just want to get as many smiles as I can out of that boy.
It was a good and funny day for a good and funny boy. I love you, Stephen dear.
There was some confusion about his age. This morning, Steve bought four balloons and a number "4" candle for Stephen.
Mei Li was sad about him not being four because she wanted to be twins with him.
And Stephen does not want to be three, he wants to be one.
I, Stephen's mother, am absolutely positive that he is three. Sorry, buddy.
The day went something like this:
pancakes made by Steve for breakfast
various activities at home including naps for Mi Na and Stephen
a visit to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum, where I left my camera
Papa John's pizza for dinner
When the cupcakes were ready and presents were wrapped with Mei Li's help, we called down to the boys and said it was time for cake and presents. Stephen came running in and said, "I want some yogurt." That's my boy. He has a yogurt and fruit obsession.
We'll be doing a birthday celebration with his cousins later this week and I'm thinking that instead of cake, I should stack up his favorite yogurts instead.
We all wore blue party hats, except for Stephen. He didn't want one.
We turned off the lights to sing his birthday song, and presented him with his lighted cupcake. Just as we ended the song, Mei Li blew out his candles for him. So we sang to him again.
Stephen didn't touch his cupcake, but went straight for the presents.
Just before he started unwrapping his wooden toolbox when Mei Li said, "Aren't you so excited, Stephen? It's a toolbo-! Oops. Sorry."
Steve and I laughed.
Then he unwrapped his new long-sleeved t-shirts and said, "Oh."
Mei Li said, "No, Stephen. Say, 'I love these!'"
So Stephen said, "I love these!"
Lastly, he unwrapped two small toy motorcycles, and that's when the big smile came to his face. It made me smile. I love his smile. I just want to get as many smiles as I can out of that boy.
It was a good and funny day for a good and funny boy. I love you, Stephen dear.
8 comments:
What a cute little three year old! Sounds like he had a great birthday. (My three year old has the same shirt he's wearing!)
I can feel the love you have for your family through your blog. Isn't that crazy?!?! The next time I visit VA, I MUST SEE YOU!
ummm, this post is hilarious!! happy THIRD birthday stephen!
I love all his little boy quirks and preferences. Super cute. You are such a fab mom with the cutest family. Oh yes, those family pictures are TO DIE FOR! I think I will print and frame some for my wall.
I love that Stephen! And I love that Mei Li is such a little mom!
I love that Steve was confused re his son's age. One more reason to totally love Steve. And I love that Mei Li knows proper gratitude etiquitte and can and did teach her little brother. What a sweet little family. I hope you recovered your camera!
Happy Birthday Stephen!! 3 is a big year!
Clearly I have not been reading people's blogs. My google reader has 210 new items. Feel special, because yours is the first one I clicked on.
This post cracked me up. Your kids are awesome, and it is because they have awesome parents. Are you recovered enough from your travels to get together?
Post a Comment