Thursday, August 19, 2010

What a day!

Ie Ling came back to Virginia! I am so happy she's here. We accomplished a lot today with her help.

Our first stop was a flooring store. We still have some things to figure out with our kitchen floor.

We loaded the kids into the car and Stephen went for Mei Li's car seat instead of his.

Stephen and Mei Li's car seats look identical. Mei Li informed me last week that they were different. She was right. One of them has an oval-ish red button on the buckle and the other one has a square red button on the buckle.

For the most part, Mei Li sits back left in the oval one and Stephen sits back right in the square one. When Stephen went for Mei Li's car seat, Mei Li FLIPPED OUT!

I tried to get Stephen to get out of Mei Li's car seat, but he wouldn't budge. Next, I tried to convince Mei Li to sit in the square one, but that didn't work either. So, because I could more easily put Mei Li in the square one than I could Stephen, I buckled Mei Li as she kicked and screamed.

As we drove away, Mei's funniest and loudest tantrum began.

"The oval one is my favorite! The square one is NOT my favorite! Aaaah!"

"GET-ME-OUT!"

"Mom, you are being so rough!" For the record, I was actually very cool and calm, but Ie Ling and I were laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation.

"WHY-ARE-YOU-LAUGHING?!"

"This is SOOOOO ridiculous!"

Mei: Stephen, is the oval one your favorite?
Stephen: Yeah.
Mei: NO! The oval one is MY favorite!

"Mom, stop driving!" (Side note: I can't remember when I became Mom instead of Mama. I miss being called Mama.)

She did cool down eventually, but would still whimper, "I don't like the square one."

It was a rough day for my Mei. I hope that she feels happier tomorrow.
She is a delightful little girl.

We went to Costco for lunch and bought some produce and the "Meet Me in St. Louis" and "Singin' in the Rain" DVDs. I love those musicals.

We watched "Meet Me in St. Louis" together in the late afternoon. "Skip to my Lou" is a favorite scene of mine. Sometimes I dream about living in 1903.

I nursed and held Mi Na for most of the movie, but I handed her off to Ie Ling and cuddled with Mei Li and Stephen. They are so big.

When Steve walked in the door tonight, he looked so good. He helped put the kids to bed. He's been really busy at work lately, so that was a nice treat.

Here is a picture from yesterday of my children in a happy and peaceful moment.


Here is Mi Na, smiling sweetly.


1 comment:

Michiko said...

I love the tiny details that kids notice. Tell Mei Li I think I'm more of a square than oval person. I think my favorite would be the square. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...