We all woke up around 9. We packed and then ate brunch at Rue 57. Their brioche french toast was delightful. The kids ate pancakes and Steve ate an omelette. This place also has sushi, which is strange. Steve ordered a platter of the cooked variety for us and it was delicious as well.
We took the subway home. We didn't have our stroller with us. Steve was holding Stephen and was about to sit down with him when the train lurched forward and caused Steve to fall and Stephen to fly out of his arms onto the train floor! It was scary to watch and Stephen was the saddest sight. I shed a few tears with him. It took him a couple of hours to return to his normal self. He now has a big bruise on his cheek. Those lurches are dangerous!
We finished up our packing and then we took a taxi to the airport. We were afraid that we would miss our flight.
Thankfully, the airport wasn't too busy today and JetBlue granted Steve a gate pass! It was an answer to prayer.
Even though we were later than is wise, I love it when we don't have to wait around the gate to board the plane. We all hugged and kissed Steve just before the jet way. I tried hard not to cry, but my eyes were a bit watery.
As soon as Steve was out of sight, Stephen and Mei Li both said, "I sure miss Daddy."
"He's a good daddy, isn't he?" I said.
"Yeah, he's a good daddy."
We had to wait a while on the plane to take off. I hear this is normal for JFK. The flight was only 45 minutes long. It went smoothly. I picked up my bags and Rachel was waiting for us at the curb. Thank you, Rachel!
We went back to our house and gave Rachel the tour. Our kids love Aunt Rachel.
We ate chicken nuggets for dinner. Grocery shopping is second on my 200 item to-do list. Picking up Aunt Christine from the airport tomorrow morning is first. We are so excited to have Christine here for the summer while she does her internship.
I put the kids to bed without much trouble. I took out the trash and checked our mail. I spent at least an hour and a half going through our mail and talking to Steve about it.
Our HOA hates us already. This place wasn't lived in for probably a year. Everything is overgrown and we're violating all sorts of rules. We have until July 13th to get everything straightened out, right around the time the baby is born. We can do it!
I am so dang tired. I want to sleep for 15 hours. It is good to be back in our townhouse, but we won't be home until Steve is home on Thursday night. Steve is my home. Good night.
We took the subway home. We didn't have our stroller with us. Steve was holding Stephen and was about to sit down with him when the train lurched forward and caused Steve to fall and Stephen to fly out of his arms onto the train floor! It was scary to watch and Stephen was the saddest sight. I shed a few tears with him. It took him a couple of hours to return to his normal self. He now has a big bruise on his cheek. Those lurches are dangerous!
We finished up our packing and then we took a taxi to the airport. We were afraid that we would miss our flight.
Thankfully, the airport wasn't too busy today and JetBlue granted Steve a gate pass! It was an answer to prayer.
Even though we were later than is wise, I love it when we don't have to wait around the gate to board the plane. We all hugged and kissed Steve just before the jet way. I tried hard not to cry, but my eyes were a bit watery.
As soon as Steve was out of sight, Stephen and Mei Li both said, "I sure miss Daddy."
"He's a good daddy, isn't he?" I said.
"Yeah, he's a good daddy."
We had to wait a while on the plane to take off. I hear this is normal for JFK. The flight was only 45 minutes long. It went smoothly. I picked up my bags and Rachel was waiting for us at the curb. Thank you, Rachel!
We went back to our house and gave Rachel the tour. Our kids love Aunt Rachel.
We ate chicken nuggets for dinner. Grocery shopping is second on my 200 item to-do list. Picking up Aunt Christine from the airport tomorrow morning is first. We are so excited to have Christine here for the summer while she does her internship.
I put the kids to bed without much trouble. I took out the trash and checked our mail. I spent at least an hour and a half going through our mail and talking to Steve about it.
Our HOA hates us already. This place wasn't lived in for probably a year. Everything is overgrown and we're violating all sorts of rules. We have until July 13th to get everything straightened out, right around the time the baby is born. We can do it!
I am so dang tired. I want to sleep for 15 hours. It is good to be back in our townhouse, but we won't be home until Steve is home on Thursday night. Steve is my home. Good night.
2 comments:
What a nice birthday present (yours and the baby's), forcing you to comply with HOA. If only my HOA were so vigilant, actually...then maybe my neighbor's front yard wouldn't make me roll my eyes every time I walk by. I guess that's what they're for. Matt thinks they're just communist schemes but I think they are good for something. (unless they give you deadlines for fixing something silly like overgrowth. at least you don't have trash in your yard, right?)
It's true, we don't have trash in our yard. I am grateful to have an HOA that cares about how the community looks. I don't think, however, that they do anything if we don't comply. There are so many overgrown trees on our street that are almost as bad as ours.
Post a Comment