Thursday, February 25, 2010

From dream to dream

I spent last weekend with Steve in Utah. I love how after long absences, he comes to the airport looking his best, and he waits for me as close as he can without breaking any rules.

We had a wonderful weekend together.
While he was working, I spent time with my little brother and sister. On Sunday, Steve and I parted, and I was sad that the dream had to end, but then I saw my children back in Indiana.

I looked at my slumbering Stephen in the pack 'n play, then I crawled into bed next to slumbering Mei Li. Sometime in the middle of the night, she woke up, stroked my hair, smiled at me and whispered, "Hi Mommy." Then she fell back asleep.

Stephen woke up in the middle of the night too, so I invited him to come sleep in our bed. This happens a lot over here, and when it does, the children make a mama sandwich on only one half of the bed. It's not comfortable, but it makes me feel loved.

I'm happy to be back in this dream, my motherhood dream from long ago that I'm fulfilling. In eight days, the four of us will be together again. In the mean time, I'll enjoy having my sister close. I'll need to devote a post entirely to her soon.

5 comments:

Holly said...

How nice to have a surprise weekend by yourself with your husband. And how nice to have sweet children sandwich you when you get back. Life is pretty good.

Anonymous said...

A romantic husband is the best kind! You are a lucky girl.

Erin said...

I love that the kids sandwich you! That is super cute!

Glad you had such a great time!

Grandma Z said...

It was a whirlwind trip. What a nice sister to keep Mei Li and Stephen and make it possible. Thanks for dropping by Saturday night so we could say hello for even a minute. You always look beautiful. You are Steve's greatest blessing.

Ie Li said...

Patty, I am a lucky girl indeed.

Dorothy, Steve is my greatest blessing. Thank you for raising such a wonderful son.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...