Monday, November 23, 2009

My baby guy is two.


Stephen turned two yesterday. He was born on Thanksgiving. It was the best Thanksgiving with the worst food. He has given us so much to be grateful for. I don't know what else to say. I love him. He's so wonderful. He makes all of us laugh. He is Mei Li's best friend. He is friendly to every person he sees. He talks our ears off. He's got firm, chubby cheeks that I love to kiss. He's got a big tummy that he likes to pat. He is a good boy.

A couple of days ago, I was lying down on the couch to rest while the kids watched a show. Mei Li was sitting in the bend of my legs, which she calls her "nest." Stephen sat right by my tummy and he pulled my arm so it would wrap around his tummy. He was happy there and Mei Li was happy in her nest and I just about cried because my heart was so full of joy and love.


Happy birthday, my big guy. I love you.

3 comments:

sarah said...

What a perfect picture - the three of you snuggled on the couch together. Sometimes TV isn't so bad when it can create moments like those. Happy Birthday Stephen!

Leanna said...

What a beautiful memory IeLi! His face is so sweet...I can only imagine how sweet he is in person. I love your blog IeLi...it gives warm fuzzies about the beauty of motherhood and family life. Thanks for your example...I hope my children will adore me as your little ones adore you. Hope you have another memorable Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful to be friends with you! (Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your comment a while back...it meant so much to me. Love you!)

Alma said...

I love what you wrote about baby guy at age 2. Who knew that two year old boys could make our hearts melt so much? Those moments of pure love and joy with children are amazing, thanks for sharing. I am also so impressed by your dress design. I love how "you" it is, and basically, I want it to be for real and I want to own it! Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...