Friday, May 1, 2009

About a quart of syrup.






The really sad part is that I was just in the kitchen doing the dishes after our waffle breakfast. I could see the whole dining room from where I stood - except for that chair.

After my initial (very loud) "Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!" I calmed down and snapped some pictures. Because I think someday I will laugh really really hard about this one.

Thankfully, Ie Ling is here visiting and she was a big help in cleaning up this mess. Now I must go rent a carpet cleaner.

5 comments:

Author said...

Ie Li, I was trying to be sneaky about my stalking today, but this post was too funny not to comment about. I just love being a parent! And you will laugh at this sooner than you think.
A few weeks ago I was making waffle batter and Rosie pulled the bowl full of milk, eggs and flour off the counter and onto my carpet. I didn't take any pictures and I didn't think it was funny at the time, but, now I think it's pretty funny. I can just remember staring at the goopy mess on the floor and having no idea how to clean it up. Thank heaven for rentals!!!!!

Alison

Ie Li said...

Alison, that's exactly how I felt. I just looked at the mess completely paralyzed.

I think most of the syrup is out now. I scraped off as much as I could and then I went over it with the carpet cleaner. Our place will probably smell like syrup for a while.

Eliza said...

This made me smile. Especially Mei Li's face! She looks so pleased!

Up until now I have been pretty lucky as far as the carpet goes. Most of my cleaning up has to do with smaller day-to-day messes, nothing too major. I live in a tiny bit of fear that Ida is going to have the sense of adventure that Theo thus far does not! It could certainly be worse than syrup, right?!

Alisha said...

I am glad you captured this event because you're right, one day you'll laugh. Fun times.

ali said...

I think it will be lovely that your home will smell of syrupy yumminous...no need for aromatherapy candles. at least carpet softens the fall, everything and anything that hits our hardwood floors splatters to infinity and beyond!!! I even find smoothie on the ceiling....don't ask me what i'm doing on the ceiling, ha ha. at least you will contain all ants this summer to just that carpet area....they will be drawn to it and you could set up one big ant trap or make it a farm.....lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...