Vanessa
Last Week:
- Last week began with our neighbor Preston's birthday party at Cal Lutheran's pool. Piano, ballet, and tennis on Monday. We met Jonathan for lunch at Chipotle and went swimming with him in the evening.
- We filled up the kiddie pool on Tuesday I saw patients on Wednesday.
- On Thursday, Marina and I had lunch together and picked up things for the practice while Devin played tennis and Eden slept.
- Friday we went to our church choir leader's house for piano lessons. It is always a little crazy trying to keep three little ones and a puppy quiet and behaved during the lesson. When we came home Devin napped. I knew something was wrong. He awoke feverish, trembling, and seeing giant monsters who were chasing him with pokey things. After saying a prayer and against Devin's warning, I opened his bedroom door and reassured him all 2000 of them were gone. He said they left because they did not want me to know they were there. Well, that's good, I suppose.
- Saturday was the last morning of swim class at CLU. Roger was gone all day at the office and then a sinus lift workshop w/mom. The rest of us stayed home and did jobs.
- Today is Sunday and after a fairly successful day at church, we are preparing for a week at the beach house with Mom, Dad, Jonathan, and Ie Ling. Yay!
Next Week:
- Enjoy being with family at Hollywood Beach in Ventura.
- My brother Reyn is also coming into town Thursday.
Favorite Thing: skyping with Marisa and my mom who are in Texas awaiting the birth of her son.
Michiko
Last week:
- I don't think I accomplished anything on my list from last week. How sad is that?!
- Wait, I take that back - we DID have the EPIC birthday party! The whole classroom came, and we took them all to BJ's. Thanks to all the Aunties for their birthday phone calls and packages! You made Maika's day!
- We had the Sister Missionaries over, and they brought a less active family - a grandpa and his grandson. I was nervous about the dinner, because Jeremy, my social-conversation-maker, wasn't going to be home in time for the dinner, so hosting duties rested solely on me. I shouldn't have sweat it, because Teo jumped right in, and was pillow fighting with grandpa within 2 minutes of stepping inside the house! The Sisters said they had never seen the grandpa so happy or animated. Teo is a pretty special boy!
- That same day, we had a trip to urgent care for Boen. :( He got a bad cut on his finger, I was worried he needed stitches, but the doctor said a bandaid would be sufficient (see photo). Ten years on, and I'm still an over-reacting mom!
This week:
- Start school!
- Do last week's "to-do's"
- Catering gig on Saturday
Favorite thing: "Chocolate Malted Krunch" ice cream from Rite-aid :)
Ie Li
Last Week:
- Had the missionaries over for dinner on Tuesday.
- Took the kids bowling on Wednesday.
- Saw a podiatrist about my foot injury on Thursday. It turns out that it is plantar fasciitis. I should have gotten it checked out months ago. I thought it would heal if I abstained from running for a while. I'm supposed to start training for the Richmond half marathon this week! I hope I can catch up later.
- Practiced the piano everyday. I am horrible. But today as I practiced "I am a Child of God," Mei Li told Steve, "Mom's getting better!"
- Steve took off of work on Friday so we could go to Uncle John's lake house in PA. We boated and fished and made s'mores. It was wonderful.
- On our way back from PA on Saturday, we went on two spontaneous family adventures. The first was to Chocolate World in Hershey, PA. The second was to Gettysburg. We loved it all.
- Today, I made crepes for the first time in a long while. I am now a hero to my children.
Next Week:
- Swimming lessons
- Pilates
- Dinner with a few girlfriends
- The mirror and art search continues
- Temple
- Clean, organize, decorate
Favorite Thing: "Dayton's Legs." Get out your tissue box. And on this note, I add one more thing to my to do list: be a little more like Spencer Zimmerman.
Ie Ling
This Week:
- Took my one and only final. So glad to be done!
- Packed up everything and cleaned my apartment!
- Participated in the Moonlight Half Marathon. I got to run with a headband with a large bow on it that lit up all sorts of different colors!
- Had the pleasure of meeting Blake's Mission President and his wife and heard so many great things about the Philippines.
- Flew home and reunited with Jonathan, Mom, Dad, and the Thousand Oaks Wests.
Next Week:
- Enjoy the beach with the family!
- Get a nice golden tan.
- Run along the beach every day.
- Finish reading The Help.
- Pick up Blakers from the airport on Saturday!
Favorite Thing: Peanut Butter Parfait at Blake's house: Brownies, Reese's Peanut Butter cups and peanut butter pudding. Delish!
Ie Mei
Last Week:
- Tennis camp all week. Picnicked afterward with our new friends from Bolivia who have five children in their family and Alberto, Brad's bosses son who is nine and his mom - Vera, who is from Indonesia.
- Mylee actually finished the whole week of tennis camp. You're probably thinking, "how does this involve you?" but after the first day she walked off the tennis court refusing to ever go back on and it took quite a bit of work from me to get her back on the court with Dora tennis racket in hand. I think she might be a dancer, not an athlete.
- Kemish, a twelve year old boy in our ward came over almost everyday last week to play with our boys and learn English.
- Friday, Brad took the day off, (a luxury that not all of us have every week :), we watched our kids at tennis camp which was Mylee's reward for staying in tennis camp.
- Went to the temple with my honey and the ward relief society and completed all twenty female family names that we had.
- More research on family names, Jackson is dead set on going to the temple when he's twelve to be baptized for family members. He turns twelve in October!!!
- Taking the boys and Kemish to feed the homeless. Hopefully they actually help.
- Kids start school this week on Wednesday so that means early mornings and making lunches for me.
- I'm going to finish The 7 Miracles that Saved America while I exercise four times this week.



9 comments:
I love reading about your lives. I feel much more in the loop now.
I love the updates Iels, and the darling picture of you and Steve! But I think you and I would agree that dancers ARE athletes! ;)
Love you!
Vanessa - Please share a pic when Marissa has her baby! Lania is so cute, I can't wait to see her little brother!
Ie Li - I loved Dayton's legs. Thanks for sharing that! And good job with practicing piano!
Ie Ling - Good luck on the tan and book reading! Beach + books sounds heavenly.
Ie Mei - Your lists are so inspiring! Does "Ie Mei" mean overflowing goodness?! :) You are an amazing example.
Love you sisters! Thanks for sharing your favorite things!
Thanks for all the updates, Ie Li. So good to hear about everyone's families. Have a great week, sisters!
I showed mom the update, she said this makes her happy :)
Brooke, I would agree that dancers are athletes, but I have to say that being a good dancer does not necessarily translate to being good at ball sports. :)
Ie Mei, you are my hero.
Ie Ling, have fun at the beach. Have you finished the Help yet? Isn't it good?
Michi, sorry about Buddy Bo's finger. I love that you're still doing catering jobs because your cooking skills are amazing.
Vanessa, your kids are so cute. I especially love the picture of Eden in that cute swimsuit that you gave to Mi Na. Whenever Mi Na wears it, I think she just looks so scrumptious. Have fun at the beach.
I love reading this blog and catching up on ie ling and seeing her beautiful sisters and they're adorable kids without feeling like I'm creeping on their page. what a great idea!
Hi Kylie!
Post a Comment